1. Manage your expectations.
2. Never assume, ask.
3. Remember to always say “I love you” and “thank you.”
4. Continually fall in love with your partner.
5. Don’t be so quick to judge.
6. Don’t give 50 percent, give 100 percent..
7. Don’t bad mouth your partner to other people.
8. Don’t expect them to read your mind.
10. Make sure your partner is your best friend, no matter what.
11. Don’t keep score.
12. Understand what makes your partner feel loved.
13. Treat your marriage like a business.
14. Stop taking other people’s advice all the time.
“My relationship got a lot better when I stopped listening to other people’s advice, and started listening to what I knew to be true between my husband and me. I spent a lot of time doubting the strength of my marriage because of all the bad advice out there. People mean well, but no one knows what’s best for you and your partner aside from you and your partner.”
15. And don’t take everything so seriously.
“Laugh at all the little things and throw out jealousy. Life is too short to be mad and serious all the time